The Johnson family roots in the foundry industry began in 1905 when Frank Boltz (the father of Florence Johnson, the mother of Leland Johnson) opened a small sand foundry in Milwaukee’s Third Ward area. Milwaukee Aluminum Foundry as it was initially known began by serving heavy industries throughout Milwaukee and the Midwest with quality castings made through the traditional sand casting process. Still to this very day a Johnson runs the family business, continuing more than 100 years of exclusive Johnson ownership.
Since then, three generations of the Johnson family have tended to the needs of numerous industries with high quality castings, delivered on-time and on-budget.
In 1960 Leland C. Johnson, the third-generation family President, moved the foundry from its downtown Milwaukee roots to the current Saukville location, just north of Milwaukee, and it became Johnson Brass and Machine Foundry. He established both the centrifugal process and the machine finishing capability that is the foundation of the business today. Under Leland’s direction JBM® continued to refine and enhance its centrifugal formings process and to pioneer many new applications therewith.
In 1993 the baton was passed and Lance Johnson became only the fourth Johnson President in the 110 year history of JBM/JCT. Under Lance Johnson’s leadership the family business continues to serve industries nationwide and internationally with pride and integrity.
Today JBM/JCT’s capabilities and client list are among the most sophisticated and diverse in the industry. A sampling of the industries JBM/JCT serves throughout North America include mining, power generation, hydropower and naval/shipping just to name a few.