JCT Centrifugal Formings – The Wise Choice over Forgings
By solidifying uniformly under high pressure, centrifugals combine the chemical and mechanical property capability of forgings with the cost efficiency of traditional castings. Furthermore, the defect-free tight grain structure of centrifugal castings makes them well suited for pressure containing and anodized applications. JCT optimizes this technology with custom chemistry, versatile casting and complete machining capabilities.
Click Here for Mechanical Property Comparison
Centrifugal forming is also far superior to a sand casting!
- The centrifugal process directional solidification avoids porosity and inclusions associated with centerline shrinkage defects in sand castings.
- The material used to riser the centrifugal process is fed to the casting at 60 times the force used to feed a sand casting.
- The solidification is fed by a huge surface area of high pressure molten metal rather than through a complex network of narrow gates and risers.
- The JCT process uses solid, high chill rate mold materials rather than pressed and glued particulate molds.
- Surface examination of a machined centrifugal can completely qualify a part contrasted with expensive radiographic, ultrasonic or magnetic particle inspection required to determine the soundness of a sand casting.
|Single Source Capabilities||No||YES|
|Provide Customized Alloys||No||YES|
|Cost competitive on both small quantity and large||Only at several ton order weights||Both small and large order sizes|
|Raw material cost||Higher||Lower|
|Processing to usable form||No||YES|
|Capabilities to machine to final size or near form size||No||YES|
|Testing and certification||In-house||In-house|
|Delivery of product||Typically 10-12 weeks||Typically 4-6 weeks|
Submit a Request for Quote and see how JCT can save you time and money, and deliver a better finished product!